Saturday, November 20, 2010

The most important meal of the day

As a Vegan, breakfast is not my most important meal of the day. In fact, I dread eating before 11a now. I remember not getting dress before eating a hot bowl oatmeal with morning coffee. But I wore that routine out. Now that it seems like it's my only HOT meal option before lunch (which is usually cold too), I have grown out of oatmeal. I miss having options, such a luxury that we take for granted in this country. In one city block you can enjoy a plethora of worldly cuisine types. There's NO other country quite like it. Nevertheless, breakfast is special, less dish options but so many possibilities, and you can still get it fast! Vegans? We gotta plan ahead or eat cold foods. Apples, bananas, and soy yogurt are all great, but who wants to eat their afternoon snacks for breakfast, everyday? No thank you, I'll bypass the "most important" and hold out for the most satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger