Monday, July 27, 2009

GREEN Therapy?

I took a three-day weekend and went on a vacation to visit my favorite relatives and just relax. Now, that I'm back, I feel a little lethargic, but maybe its just a case of the Mondays. I know we all can relate. Luckily, I found this article by Bryan Walsh on the Time Magazine website. He found that there is a growing group of psychologists that practice 'Eco-Therapy.' He revealed that more than half of every human on this planet lives in a cities and is cut off from nature. Before now, the human race evolved with and blended with nature for millions of years. However, today, we are all consumed with work, school, technology, and economic downturn. In this article, the Eco-therapists recommend that their patients keep a nature journal in which they record exactly how much time they spend outdoors. Some find that they spend less than 15 minutes outdoors a day! WOW. Try it for yourself. Monitor your time spent outdoors AND your mood. If it is less than 15 minutes per day and you are feeling the office blues, go outside and play!

\'Eco-Therapy\' for Environmental Depression: Go Jump Off a Pier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger