Tuesday, November 8, 2011


"Yo, yo, yo, yo baby-pop!" -Push It by Salt-N-Pepa (Workout Anthem of the Day)

Day 1 (back in the gym) was an absolute smash! Not only did I put in 60 minutes (30 minutes on the PRECOR and 30 minutes on the treadmill) of cardio in AM, but I did an AH-mazing Total Body Conditioning class this evening! That's right. Day 1 was a total two-a-day, and I'm going to own it! I feel great right now, but I know that I'm going to really feel it in the morning. You want to know the secret to conquering soreness and fatigue from a tough workout? Stretch, rest, and get moving again! When you have a tough workout, be sure to get in a moderate to lighter workout the very next day. This way, your body can recover during the activity, also known as active recovery. Active recovery enables muscle memory. You have to push through the aches and pains in order to build muscle memory and endurance. For a light to moderate workout after and intense day of training, my go-to cardio is biking at a higher solid pace and resistance for 45 to 60 minutes. But whatever you do, just stay consistent and remember to PUSH IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger